AutoXtend Video Library
At AutoXtend, we offer several brief videos from our video library to address some frequently asked questions about auto repair and maintenance. Check back, as we’ll be adding more videos in the weeks ahead.
- Safe Summer Driving: Avoid High-Speed Blowouts (Watch)
- Scott Lane: “Before you take off on that highway trip on a hot day, you need to take a look at your tires. If they are a few years old, they still may look great, with plenty of tread left. But, older tires that look okay may still lead to high speed blowouts. And, if you been driving on our roads, with all the potholes, there could be alignment issues; which can rob your tires of thousands of miles of service. And you’ll need to keep an eye on your tires inflation. Give us a call, and we’ll schedule a time to inspect your tires and alignment.”
- Beware The Cheap Brake Job (Watch)
- Scott Lane: “You get what you pay for in a brake job. I don’t skimp on brake jobs, because that’s the most important thing when you need to stop your car in an emergency. We fix cheap brake jobs. When you get brake dust all over your wheels, that means you’ve had a cheap brake job. They’re only going to last you 20,000 miles, so you’re going to have to do them again. I warranty my brake pads for the life of the vehicle. If they wear out, we’ll replace them for free (labor not included). That’s one thing I will not skimp on.”
- Timing Belt Maintenance (Watch)
- Scott Lane: “A neglected timing belt can cause big expensive problems. If your vehicle has a timing belt, make sure you know the maintenance schedule for it. While it varies among manufacturers, a vehicle that uses a timing belt should be serviced at around 90,000 to 100,000 miles. Give us a call if you are not sure if your vehicle uses a timing belt or a timing chain. We can look it up and advise you of the proper maintenance schedule that is recommended by the manufacturer of your vehicle. And, keep this in mind when shopping for a used vehicle. It’s not uncommon for a customer to jump a great deal, and then discover that the timing belt needs to be replaced. Perhaps our pre-purchase inspection can help you with that (call us for details). Please be prepared to give us the year, brand, model and engine size of the vehicle you are considering.”
Thanks for checking out our video library. Questions about auto repair and maintenance? If you live in the Knoxville area, just give us a call.
You can make an appointment at AutoXtend by clicking here.